deflect a course

deflect a course
менять курс

English-Russian arms dictionary. 2013.

Игры ⚽ Нужна курсовая?

Смотреть что такое "deflect a course" в других словарях:

  • Deflect — De*flect , v. i. To turn aside; to deviate from a right or a horizontal line, or from a proper position, course or direction; to swerve. [1913 Webster] At some part of the Azores, the needle deflecteth not, but lieth in the true meridian. Sir T.… …   The Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • deflect — ► VERB ▪ turn aside from from a straight course or intended purpose. DERIVATIVES deflective adjective deflector noun. ORIGIN Latin deflectere, from flectere to bend …   English terms dictionary

  • deflect — [[t]dɪfle̱kt[/t]] deflects, deflecting, deflected 1) VERB If you deflect something such as criticism or attention, you act in a way that prevents it from being directed towards you or affecting you. [V n] Cage changed his name to deflect… …   English dictionary

  • deflect — verb Etymology: Latin deflectere to bend down, turn aside, from de + flectere to bend Date: circa 1555 transitive verb to turn aside especially from a straight course or fixed direction intransitive verb to turn aside ; deviate • deflectable …   New Collegiate Dictionary

  • deflect — deflectable, adj. deflector, n. /di flekt /, v.t., v.i. to bend or turn aside; turn from a true course or straight line; swerve. [1545 55; < L deflectere to bend down, turn aside, equiv. to de DE + flectere to bend, turn] * * * …   Universalium

  • deflect — I (New American Roget s College Thesaurus) v. bend, curve, twist; deviate, avert, swing, sidetrack. See deviation, curvature. II (Roget s IV) v. Syn. swerve, diverge, divert, parry; see turn 3 , 6 , veer . III (Roget s 3 Superthesaurus) v. turn… …   English dictionary for students

  • deflect — de·flect || dɪ flekt v. turn from a straight course, deviate, swerve …   English contemporary dictionary

  • deflect — verb deviate or cause to deviate from a straight course. Derivatives deflective adjective deflector noun Origin C16: from L. deflectere, from de + flectere to bend …   English new terms dictionary

  • deflect — v 1. turn aside, diverge, shy, incline; avert, shunt, sidetrack, turn away, divagate, divaricate; bend, swerve, curve, crook, twist, flex, buckle; refract, divert, switch, glance off. 2.(usu. in a nautical sense) shift, jibe, jib, gybe, gibe,… …   A Note on the Style of the synonym finder

  • deflect — de•flect [[t]dɪˈflɛkt[/t]] v. t. v. i. to bend or turn aside; turn from a true course • Etymology: 1545–55; < L dēflectere to bend down, turn aside de•flect′a•ble, adj. de•flec′tive, adj. de•flec′tor, n …   From formal English to slang

  • deflect — /dəˈflɛkt / (say duh flekt) verb (i) 1. to bend or turn aside; swerve. –verb (t) 2. to cause to turn from a true course or right line. {Latin dēflectere} –deflector, noun …  

Поделиться ссылкой на выделенное

Прямая ссылка:
Нажмите правой клавишей мыши и выберите «Копировать ссылку»